Families need a way to manage the delivery of expected parcels. This calls for a solution that includes every family member to schedule delivery as suited to their way of living. Live Parcel is making sure no parcel delivery will ever be missed again.
- The users are of different ages.
- These users will be using the app at different times throughout the day doing different tasks in different locations.
- A multi-device solution is suited. The smartphone is the main device. Complimentary to this device is the smartwatch app.
- This product is designed for families. Therefore there will be multiple users with different ages.
- The children will be far more familiar with modern and intuitive interfaces.
- Users will have a well-working smartphone and the availability of a fast and steady internet connection.
- The goal of the users is receiving a parcel.
The aim with this design is to be minimalistic and focus on the single task. There is nothing on the screen that can distract the user from their goals. Functionality is a top priority in this design. The user can see what their options are. The user is provided of feedback.
In this design there are three main colors. Blue, used for the screens in which most interaction happens. Green, used for the button that asigns a parcel to a user. Red, as warning making sure families won’t miss a parcel again.
When deciding on typography, the numbers were most important. These had to be clear and obvious to the user.
Within this design icons are used for second level functionalities. Mostly used for smaller buttons.
In line with the multi device 3C model the mobile app is the main product. Complementary to the main app is the smartwatch app. For this design the most important interaction is simplified and chosen. It consists of three pages. One for new parcels, One for parcels asigned to yourself and one for messages sent to you.